Users of Microsoft Dynamics NAV will most likely be aware that Dynamics 365 Business Central is the latest version of NAV. Many users will be considering an upgrade to the latest version, but what benefits will this bring to your business?
5 Benefits of Upgrading From Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central
1. Be on the latest version, with the most up-to-date tools and interface
Dynamics 365 Business Central offers a modern, streamlined interface with new productivity tools, making the system much easier to use. All future developments from Microsoft are for the Dynamics 365 platforms, (Dynamics NAV 2018 is the last version of NAV), so an upgrade to Business Central will ensure you have access to the latest features and functions.
- Running your business on the latest version of Business Central also ensures that the most up-to-date security features and capabilities are in use and can protect your critical business data from cybercrime.
- Microsoft also provides regular updates and bug fixes for Business Central to cover any vulnerabilities which may become apparent over time.
2. You have the option of Cloud or On-Premise
Dynamics 365 Business Central comes with the option of being cloud-based or on-premise. It’s completely your choice – we can discuss with you which option is best for your business. In addition, the monthly subscription model from Dynamics 365 could work better for you.
If you would like to know more about the different benefits you can receive from opting for cloud or on-premise solutions, take a look at our Cloud VS On-premise for a Business Central Upgrade blog.
3. Add-on, industry-specific applications are available
There are many add-on applications that are available if you upgrade to Dynamics 365 Business Central. This can make the system really tailored to your specific industry and provide a range of additional benefits to your business.
- Using industry-specific add-on applications also allows a greater range of functionality to be made available which are tailored to your industry needs.
- This ensures that your ERP solution not only provides you with the tools you need to grow but also supports your potential future needs as you begin to scale the size of your business.
4. Uses the latest technology
Dynamics 365 Business Central uses the latest technology that isn’t compatible with NAV, including Power BI, Power Apps and AI. If you’re looking to integrate these types of technology into your business, an upgrade from nav to Business Central is a must.
- Using the latest technology enables your organisation to be at the forefront of your industry, allowing you to offer your customers and employees tailored experiences which puts you ahead of your competition.
- Using the latest technology also allows you to optimise key business processes which provides many tangible benefits for your organisation and as technology improves over time, so will your business capabilities.
5. Seamless integration with Microsoft 365
Upgrading to the latest version of Business Central provides seamless integration with Microsoft tools which you are likely already using, including Office, Outlook and Teams.
- Having a completely integrated system allows for improved productivity across your workforce and a reduction in errors caused by disparate systems.
- Having integrated Microsoft products also ensures that regular updates and security fixes are installed across your system which ensures the integrity of your business data.
Considering an upgrade from Dynamics NAV to Business Central?
If you’re considering an upgrade from Dynamics NAV to Business Central, you may also be looking for a new support partner. Many businesses at this point consider all their options, especially if they are not happy with the current levels of support received from their Microsoft Partner. We have helped many companies that were unhappy with their support. We offer various levels of professional Dynamics support tailored to the needs of your business.