Last updated on: 8th November 2018
Information Provided By You
Where you provide us with your personal information you agree that we may collect, store and use it to:
perform our contractual obligations to you.
carry out our legitimate interests for processing such as data analytics, direct marketing, or for the prevention of crime as or required by UK government agencies.
based on your consent, for other purposes as contained in this Privacy Notice.
When you contact us via our web sites/services or other offline means, we will collect, to the extent permissible by law, personal information about you and your business. We will collect:
Statistics collected as you browse our web sites such as
- The domains you arrive from.
- The number of people who visit our web sites.
- The pages people visit on our web sites.
- Which browsers people use to visit our web sites.
Personal and business information you knowingly give us to receive information about or when ordering products or services.
This is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person
Although web site registration is only required for access to certain specific content areas, we encourage all visitors to register. The registration forms ask you to give us accurate contact information such as name and email address and other details that may help us provide you with useful information.
If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any obligation and consent obligations under applicable data protection laws in relation to such disclosure. The data will only be used for the purpose it was provided. In so far as required you must ensure that you have provided the required notices and consents, as the law may require, to provide us with the information and that you explain to them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information or direct them to read our Privacy Notice.
How We Use Your Personal and Business Information
- Collect, maintain and use your information as necessary to provide the most helpful and targeted products and services to meet your needs such as informing you of new products or services. You can opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by using the opt-out procedure described below.
- Store your personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA). Should we wish to transfer your data elsewhere with the necessary GDPR controls you will be informed about that transfer.
- To provide you with the products or services that you request.
- Provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations.
- To improve our website, products and services from information provided.
- Respect any request from you to remove your name from our telephone post or e-mail lists within a reasonable time.
- Telephone calls may be recorded and only for the purposes of training and a review of security.
- Maintain confidentiality of your information when undertaking projects with our suppliers.
- Syscom PLC does not sell the names and addresses of our website users to third parties.
Syscom PLC uses appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. We use measures that are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
From time to time, we may use information that we have about you and your business to contact you where we have a legitimate interest in providing you with details about our applications, products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post or email. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you can do so by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ from any marketing email using the links provided in the emails we send to you, or by telephone or at the contact details below.
We retain personal and business information
- we collect from you only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In most cases, we will keep your personal and business information while your business is one of our customers, and for as long a legally required thereafter.
- Telephone recordings will be kept for a period of one month.
- in other cases we will store personal information for the periods needed for the purposes for which the information was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
At the end of the retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
You have the following rights with regards your personal and business data:
- If you wish to request access, correction or deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at the email shown below.
- You can object to processing of your personal and business information, ask us to stop processing it or request its portability by contacting us at the email shown below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. If you would prefer to opt-out over the telephone, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing) then please contact using the email shown below. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal and business information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent such as on our legitimate interests.
If you have a query or wish to contact us, please do so. Please contact our Data Compliance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any matter you wish to raise. If you object the processing of data, this may affect our ability to provide certain products, services and/or solutions for your benefit.