Apparel manufacturing software helps businesses manage and take control of each area of their organisation by creating one, centralised system.
In this article, we list what we think are the most valuable benefits of apparel manufacturing software.
Inventory Management & Warehousing
When inventory is spread across multiple sites and locations, it can be difficult to manage and keep track of. A manual tracking system can also increase the likelihood of errors.
With an apparel manufacturing software such as ApparelX, all key inventory processes are automated to provide a robust system which tracks inventory and manages the flow of goods going in and out. Through automation, apparel manufacturing software can:
- Provide accurate lists of current inventories
- Manage shortages by automatically re-ordering the items you need
- Manage surplus supplies and allocate them to parts of the business which need them
- Provide live (real time) overview and insight into current inventory
Streamline & Automate Processes
Managing your operations can be challenging. System errors and production delays can quickly occur if the flow of raw materials is not managed effectively. Apparel manufacturing software can automatically:
- Calculate the amount of raw materials needed to make specific products
- Calculate the cost of those raw materials to provide an overall product cost
- Manage surpluses or shortages in raw materials to avoid supply chain disruptions
- Create BOMs and routing instruction for production once an order is made
- Update inventory as orders are made raw materials are consumed
Apparel software can also automatically create invoices, shipping labels, price tags, barcoding and other admin related items to help streamline the order-to-delivery process.
Apparel brands will often have multiple manufacturing sites across different geographical locations. A unified system that offers secure access for all employees is vital for managing a multi-site business. With apparel manufacturing software, employees can securely gain system access from anywhere in the world – so long they have an internet connection. This feature is particularly useful for remote workers and provides flexibility to your organisation.
Getting the right Data
Getting the right data to the right people within your organisation is important. That’s why apparel manufacturing software collects and displays important data insights that can be tailored for specific employees. For example:
- Providing key financial KPIs to your Finance team or Finance Director
- Providing customer service insights to help improve service offering across customer service teams
- Providing assembly data to production team
- Providing key sales statistics to help future procurement, marketing and demand planning
Would you like to learn more about apparel manufacturing software and how it could work for your business?
Without the help of apparel manufacturing software, such as ApparelX, you could be missing out on valuable insights on how to scale your business correctly within the apparel industry.
Speak to one of our apparel manufacturing advisors today to discuss how this software could be implemented into your business to provide significant ROI and propel your business far into the future.