With today’s highly competitive manufacturing market, it is most important that a system can help a company to be productive and profitable.
MES’s (Manufacturing Execution Systems) are the more traditional means of managing and monitoring a shop floor. Typically, a MES allows every part of the manufacturing process to be monitored and provide information including material and component tractability, real-time production performance and production scheduling.
On the other hand, ERP systems are often better known for managing the office based activities of an organisation, such as order processing, invoicing, and customer relationship management, rather than for the capability of supporting the manufacturing side of a business.
Therefore, it is a common misconception that manufacturers need a specialist MES. In fact, new ERP software solutions have the functionality of a traditional MES included, and can connect manufacturing operations with the entire organisation, which gives an enterprise wide view and in turn increases efficiency.
Choosing an ERP system can help you to:
- Gain better insight into your customer’s challenges and strategic planning
- Use the knowledge to build lean business processes with demand driven supplier networks
- Become more competitive
- Reduce costs and increase efficiencies
- Increase customer satisfaction resulting in expanding market growth
- Raise profit margins.
In addition to the benefits of being linked with the entire organisation, specific manufacturing modules in ERP systems can manage and control manufacturing operations with precision, including:
- Managing work flow scheduling
- Creating distinct product variants that each have a unique bill of materials (BOM)
- Job costing and capacity planning
- Optimising production planning
- Improving product quality and output by identifying and resolving issues through real time insights.
Syscom specialise in providing ERP software solutions for bespoke and complex manufacturers, and have over 35 years manufacturing experience.
Interested to see what an ERP system could do for your organisation?
Don’t just take our word for it:
Major UK upholstery manufacturer, Celebrity Furniture, invested with Syscom in new ERP software for growth and stability and to improve their business processes allowing them to advance within the furniture industry with ease and comfort.